1. Get rid of clutter. Throw out or file stacks of newspapers and
magazines. Pack away most of your small decorative items. Store
and out of season clothing to make closets seem roomier.
Clean out the garage.
2. Wash your windows and screens to let more light into the interior.
3. Keep everything extra clean. Wash fingerprints from light switch
plates. Mop and wax floors. Clean the stove and refrigerator. A
clean house makes a better first impression and convinces buyers that
the home has been well cared for.
4. Get rid of smells. Clean carpeting and drapes to eliminate cooking
odors, smoke, and pet smells. Open the windows.
5. Put higher wattage bulbs in light sockets to make rooms seem
brighter, especially basements and other dark rooms. Replace any
6. Make minor repairs that can create a bad impression. Small problems,
such as sticky doors, torn screens, cracked caulking, or a dripping
faucet, may seem trivial, but they’ll give buyers the impression
that the house isn’t well maintained.
7. Tidy your yard – cut the grass, rake the leaves, trim the bushes and edge
the walkways. In the winter, keep the stairs and driveway snow free.
8. Patch holes in your driveway and reapply sealant, if applicable.
9. Clean out your gutters and polish your front door, doorknob and house numbers.
10. Finally, list your home with Walter DiLoreto for maximum exposure and to ensure your home gets the attention it deserves. Walter will be there to help you every step of the way and make sure your home gets sold in today’s competitive market. Free Market Analysis